read_connect(); //$GLOBALS[ezoic_db]->read->query("use 17things"); ?>

How old do you have to be to ride a motorbike?

I’m 15 and my mum has recently been struck ill, i need to get to places and my mum said she would get me a motorbike if i am the right age

Related Items

10 Responses to “How old do you have to be to ride a motorbike?”

  1. Cassie's Mum said :

    To ride a motorcycle on the road you must

    * Be at least 17 years old (16 for a moped)
    * Have a driving licence which allows you to ride motorcycles (category A)

    That licence can be any of the following

    * A provisional driving licence with motorcycle entitlement
    * Full car licence. This automatically provides provisional motorcycle entitlement
    * Full motorcycle licence
    * Full moped licence. This provides automatic provisional motorcycle entitlement if you’re aged 17 years or over

    Provisional motorcycle entitlement

    This entitles learners to ride a motorcycle

    * Up to 125cc
    * With a maximum power output of 11kW (14.6bhp)

    Learners who wish to ride a side-car outfit can do so with a power to weight ratio not exceeding 0.16kW/kg.

    If you’re not sure about any of this then you can get further advice from your motorcycle dealer or trainer.

    Take a look at some learner bikes at
    No idea what you want? Read ‘which bike should I buy’

    With provisional motorcycle entitlement you must not

    * Ride on motorways
    * Carry a pillion passenger
    * Ride without L-plates (or D-plates in Wales)

    Two year limit

    Provisional motorcycle licences used to have a life of 2 years. But as from 1st February 2001, motorcycle licensing rules were changed. All new provisional licences showing motorcycle entitlement issued from that date are valid until the holder’s 70th birthday.

    Holders of the old licences can apply to have the licence replaced with one that will include provisional motorcycle entitlement valid to age 70. Replacement licences should be applied for from DVLA using the normal application forms (available from Post Offices).

    Existing motorcycle provisional licence holders who do not pass a motorcycle test before their provisional licence expires are NOT now subject to the 12 month wait before they can get new entitlement.

    How to get a licence

    If you don’t already have a licence with provisional motorcycle entitlement then collect a D1 form ( driving licence application ) and a D750 form ( photocard application ) from a Post Office or from DVLA ( 0870 240 0009 ). Complete the forms and send them to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Centre ( DVLC ) at Swansea.

    All provisional licences now automatically include motorcycle entitlement but many post offices are still issuing the old application forms on which you had to tick the ‘with motorcycles’ box to get learner motorcycle entitlement included.

    If you want to ride a motorcycle you can ignore this section of the application form or you can tick the ‘with motorcycles’ box just to make sure.

  2. blondesforfunforever said :

    to get a motorbike i think you have to be 17 or 18
    but you can get a moped at 16

    hope that helps

    if you need to get places for now until your 16 use busses, taxis, and subways

  3. ☆_Ĝιѕєℓє βüи∂¢нєи_☆ said :

    Well, i don’t remembred =D But i think 16 years old.
    Good Luck.

  4. PETER G said :

    Its 16 yrs for a moped 50cc and 17yrs for a 125cc with L plates for 2yrs but you have to take a test

  5. Megan E said :

    16 is the minimum age.

  6. zero said :

    That depends on your country of residence… for most of the country i know 17 years old is the age for riding motorcycle..

    in my opinion, riding at the age of 15 is illegal. But if you hv the supervision by an adult then tat’s different story.

    If your mum or maybe your relatives wanna get a bike then below is a good online motorcycle shop.

    Sorry kid – not for you.

  7. vauxhall diesel owner said :

    16,moped,17 motorcycle up to 125cc.

  8. Matt K said :

    16 for a 50cc with a cbt which you can pass in a day. when your 17 you can go up to a 125cc until you get a full license (don’t buy anything chinese!!!)

  9. Rudy Bunnell said :

    Hi there! Someone in my Myspace group shared this website with us so I came to look it over. I’m definitely enjoying the information. I’m bookmarking and will be tweeting this to my followers! Great blog and superb design.

  10. Kala Motta said :

    Am I the only one who thinks your blog theme is quite amazing? I’m guessing perhaps its a custom theme that you bought? Regards, Pete.


[newtagclound int=0]


Recent Comments

Recent Posts